Age Divisions 2023
Age is determined in the year from 1st January to 31st December, at the commencement of the season. For example, a member who is:
– 10 years and turning 11 years within the dates registers as an U12 for the season.
– 16 years and turning 17 years within the dates registers as an U 18 for the season.
For 2023 be have aligned our ages with Surfing Australia age requirements.
U/8s Parent Assist
Under 10s Girls and Boys Can not turn 10 in 2023 (optional parent assist)
Under 12’s Girls and Boys Can not turn 12 in 2023 (No parent assist)
Under 14’s Girls and Boys Can not turn 14 in 2023
Junior Girls and Boys Can not turn 18 in 2023
Opens Women and Men Open age
Masters 35 Years and over
Legends 50 Years and over
Member ship is $100 per person or Family Membership $300-350.
(MUST be paid before surfing their First Club Round Division)
In 2023 we are keeping in line with Surfing Australia age divisions.
Under 8’s Parent Assist
Under 10’s Girls and Boys (optional parent assist)
Under 12’s Girls and Boys (no parent assist)
Under 14 Girls and Boys
Junior Girls and Boys (under 18’s)
Open Women and Open Men
Masters (35 plus) Women and mens
Legends (50 plus)
*Squad Development Fees are seperate to this years membership. They will be invoiced separately
Family $300.00 -$350.00
Family membership applies for up to six (6) direct members of the same single family unit. Each family member must register in one (1) of the above divisions.
Social Member $50.00 A Social member will receive a sticker, Alley T-shirt and the use of the Alley Boardriders amenities upon request approval
Membership must be activated through Surfing Australia. First you must make a profile and then join The Alley . Parents we advise should make the profile for themselves then add children as a family.
Model Rules for Alley Boardriders Members
– All surfers competing in Club Round Divisions Must be a fully paid Alley Boardriders Club member before or on the day of Competition.
– All members must attend at least one(1) general meeting during the Calendar year or send their apologies for their absence.
– All members must attend at least one(1) Fundraising Event during the Calendar year or send their apologies for their absence.
– All members must show Respect to all other club members and members of the Community in and out of the water at all times.
– All members are to wear their club colours when competing and/or supporting Alley Boardriders at Interclub Events, Competitions and Fundraising Events.
– All members must help with the setting up/ Judging of Heats and packing up/Cleaning up of all the clubs facilities at Club Contest Rounds.
– The Contest Directors/Head judge will inform the committee of All disputes during a Club Contest Round and the Head Judge has the Final say in Any dispute during a Club Contest Round.
– If any club member has any problems or disputes, it can be brought up at a general meeting or in writing to the committee through the Alley Boardriders email address. (email@example.com)
– All children under 12 years old Must have parent supervision during Contest Events and coaching clinics at all times.
– Club members will NEVER bring the ALLEY BOARDRIDERS name into Disrepute.
– Failure to keep to the Clubs expectations could result in expulsion from the Club.